16 July 2012

Lounge love...











Today I'm taking comfort in the images of this soothing and elegant lounge. 

Normally, I'm not a huge fan of warm colours. Perhaps the cool winter weather we've been having is making me long for a bit of warmth. In fact, the other day, I got a lovely coral-coloured drapey knit cardigan. That's quite a shift from my usual wardrobe choices of greys, blues, greens, and violets.

Back to the lounge love... Don't you just love this room? Peach, buttery yellow, and russet accents warm up the pale grey space. A dark carved wood screen between the lounge and dining areas, along with casual floor cushions, keep the mood cozy, while pretty lamps add romantic ambiance. My favourite element in the room would have to be the gorgeously moody photo hung above the banquette seating. I can imagine a wonderful gathering of family and friends enjoying this beautiful room.

{Source: Rue Magazine, June 2012 Issue; Photography by Marjon Hoogervorst, seen here}

No comments: