31 May 2012

geometry lesson

 ***






 ***


 ***

 Smith & Watson pagoda cabinet, found here



Although I usually tend to favour romantic and pretty styles, sometimes I enjoy seeing more linear and angular looks. Simple geometry can produce such striking results in a room, especially when juxtaposed with curves and soft elements. I love the little geometric paper shapes in the glass dome. I would like to make something like that.


...........

P.S. Speaking of decorating ideas... G and I got approval to hang artwork, etc. on the walls of our rental unit. I'm excited to have a reason to get back into painting! I'd like to do a few new paintings, as well as frame a print or two (eventually, as these things take time). 

On a not-so-happy note, we were told that we are not allowed to have any pets here. Oh well. At least we can enjoy the affection of a grey and white cat, who visits us almost every day. He's a sweetie.

No comments: